Common Sence Rules
- Please Drive very Slowly, you are driving on a Public Bridleway used by Walkers, Horse riders and Mountain Bikes.
- Under 14yrs are not permitted at the fishery.
- Viewing the Lake is by appointment only.
- 14yrs and over must be able to provide valid I.D when asked (No I.D, No Fishing).
- 14yrs to 18yrs must be accompanied by an adult.
- You must hold a Valid Enviromental Agency rod license.
- Stop at the fishery office on arrival and sign in.
- Your Swim is halfway across the lake in front and to each side of the peg.
Fish Welfare we take very seriously.
- Landing nets and unhooking mats must be dipped on arrival to prevent the spread of diseases. Please ask
- Rods must not be left unattended. You must be within 1 swim from your rods at all times.
- Do not strike hard, it only causes harm to the fish.
- Always Kneel down to take pictures. Keep the fish wet and Return to the water ASAP.
- Sacking of fish is only permitted for weighing.
- Carp must not be retained in keep nets or sacks.
- You must have and use carp care antiseptic when needed.
- Barbless hooks only, maximum size 8
- No Main line braid other than hook link / spomb & marker rod.
- Minimum 12lb mainline b/s.
- Drop off lead or safety rigs must be used at all times.
- No leadcore lines.
- Pole fishing please use heavy duty elastic.
- 32" landing net required for carp fishing.
- Bait boats - Ask before use.
- 2 rods only 1st April to 31st October 3 rods 1st November to 31st March.
- No Spinning or Dead baiting.
Fresh Baits please
- All particle baits must be properly prepared (soft to squeeze).
- No Peanuts.
- No Cat & Dog meats.
- Take your rubbish home or put in the skip provided by the fishery office.
- Please put your vehicle in the car park after unloading (disabled badge holders can keep thier car at the swim only.
- Fishery Gates are locked from 6pm to 8am
- 24hr CCTV in operation.
- No other visiting guests other than those booked in are allowed onsite.
- No Dogs allowed onsite.
- No Swimming in the water.
- No Heavy drinking, drugs, guns, loud radios or shouting.
- BBQ must be raised to pevent scorching.
- No Gas bottles over 5kg.
- No trailor or gazebo style tents, motor homes cannot be slept in.
- No cutting or burning of live woods.
- All accidents must be reported and recorded in the accident book in the fishery office.
- First aid kit in the Fishery office.
- Caution should be taken when net dipping in disinfectant, ask for assistance if unsure. You are responcible for your own personal pretective equipment.
- Caution should be taken, when walking around the lake day and night as trip hazards are present. e.g Branches, Bare Roots, Rabbit Holes, Slippery Surface, and Uneven ground.
- Caution should be taken when camping under trees - Falling branches and lightening strikes can kill.
- Caution - fishing should stop when lightening is forcast.
- The lake water is very cold, the edges shallow but with steep holes, avoid falling in. Life rings are positioned around the lake to be used only to save life.
- It is a condition of payment that we have the right to search your vehicle at any time.
- The removal, killing, eating or transfer of any fish will mean a claim by the owners for full compensation.
- Niether the company nor its employees shall be held responsible for loss or damage to any of your property however caused.
- Anglers, guests or visitors are not entitled to make any claim against the company or employees of any loss, injury or theft.
- We reserve the right to cancel any booking at any time.
- We reserve th right to alter these terms at any time without prior notice.