1783 Mapping records show a wetland area with peat island.
1951 Peat extraction created a small dam and flooded the wetland to create a 12 acre lake used for supplying water to livestock and farm sawmill.
1970 - Small fish rearing pools below Llyn Gweryd.
1971 - 1981 Llyn Gweryd operated as club trout fishery.
1982 - Lake drained all fish removed.
1984 - Lake naturally refilled.
1986 - Restocked with Leney and Sutton Carp to 19lbs and for the past 33yrs the fish have been breeding and maturing giving us a good stock of 1500+ Carp.
2016 - New owners, Johanna Hedberg & Tim Smith decided to close the lake to give the fish a well earned break and to start the long over due renovation works.
2017 - April fishery open.
2018 - Over due bankside maintenance and facilities. 125 x 2lb brown trout introduced to help reduce silvers.
2019 - Old Bivvi hut renovations completed, NRW flood upgrade works completed.
2020 - 22 x New single & Double pegs. Card payments only.
2021 - Aeration system installed, Light & Wind tunnels created.